Here is a recent edit of mine of the State Law building in Brisbane, Australia. It was photographed earlier this year using my iphone5, during my lunchtime break. I wanted to re-edit this image using my Photoshop knowledge and apply some nice tonal ranges for my black and white conversion process.
IMAGE SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
Camera - Iphone 5.
• Creating an appropriate channel of contrast to determine the overall tonal value and range of my black and white conversion. Apply this to a single layer above the background set to Luminosity blending mode.
• Selective colour adjustments to increase the cyan and blue values to add more contrast to the sky.
• Black and white solid colour layer set to colour (black and white conversion).
• A overall 10% highlight increase in a curve.
• Selectively darkening using curves the right hand side of the building and selectively brightening using curves on specific lines of the main building.
• A gradient map fill to accent a vignette to give more depth to the image.
• Sharpening targeted to highlights only using blend-if. For this particular image I used the 'sharpening details' function from within Facebook Powertools Photoshop extension. *Please not this is only available for users of Photoshop CC and higher
• Added noise to the image.
Before / After
Published by: Brock McFadzean in Behind the PSD!