The Ultimate Facebook Output Workflow for Photoshop CC and CC2014.
In this blog post, I am wishing to introduce Facebook Power Tools which was developed by Conny Walstrom. Conny is a photographer, retoucher and software developer from Sweden.
As you can see in the image below, Facebook Power Tools is a panel extension built for Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Photoshop CC2014. It is designed to specifically improve the quality, and reduce the time it takes to save images for Facebook.
One of the best features of the panel is that your original document isn't effected when you choose the quality of your output. If you choose to use Resize for Maximum Quality it will resize to 2048px (to the longest edge) or 960px (to the longest edge) when you choose Normal Quality. You also have the ability to add and confirm your copyright information to your file.
Being a Facebook user, you also have easier options to create profile pictures and cover photos. This is a serious add-on for any user of Facebook.
The Official Features Include:
- Creates a merged duplicate before doing any resizing, so that you do not accidentally overwrite your original file.
- Resizes the image without sharpening! Separate buttons to sharpen for a better result.
- No input needed! Simply press the buttons and it will do all the hard work for you.
- ‘Add Noise’ button to help with banding.
- Create header and profile images with ease.
- Warns you if you forgot to set a copyright on the image.
- Easily edit the copyright information.
- Separate setting for JPEGmini software – If you are hardcore serious about image quality, this is a must!
Facebook Power Tools
We are neither affiliated nor endorsed by Facebook. These tools are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non infringement. In no event shall the author or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages, or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort, or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.